Top 5 Twitter Tips for Business In 2018, 2019 and 2020
These are my 5 Twitter tips for business and how to get started.
1. So the first thing you should do once you have your account is set up your background. I will show you how to create cool twitter backgrounds which are free and easy to do. This is a very important part of your Twitter campaign and you should take some time over the design and layout. You can go and have one made for you professionally if you have the money but if you are just starting out and homemade one is but just as good.
2. The next thing to set up is your bio, again this is a very important step and you should also take some time to think about what you will write. Remember you only have 160 characters to describe yourself. This is the important bit so don’t miss this one out. Always put a link back to your blog in the profile. This is where people can go to find out more about you than they can from the 160 characters, although you can get creative with this and have fun with it.
3. Next up is your profile picture and this I would keep the same as your other social media profile pictures. Your picture is your brand image so if they are all the same people will start to recognise you around the social sites. Make sure it’s a picture of you and not a product or cartoon character, yes I have seen Mickey Mouse as a social media expert on Twitter before.
4. Next up you want some tools that will help you use Twitter more effectively. The first one to get is TweetDeck, you can do all your tweeting, updates etc in one place. The next is SocialOomph where you can set updates to go out at certain times and automatically send direct messages to people.
5. The last thing to do is leave all the auto-follow software alone. Yes you can follow hundreds of people a day but how can you build a personal relationship with hundreds of people a day. Secondly you could get your account closed down.