How To Open And Verify PayPal Account In Nigeria- 2018, 2019 and 2020.
PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. To participate, you need to create a PayPal account.
If you have been asking the question, how do I open and verify PayPal account in Nigeria, this article is for you.
HOW TO OPEN A PAYPAL ACCOUNT
To open a PayPal account in Nigeria, follow the simple steps below…
- The first thing you do is visit the PayPal Website here
- Click on signup… select personal or business
- Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
- After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop-down area, your email address and password.create PayPal account
- Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or Yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
- Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
- Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of account Paypal birth, address and phone number.
- Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
- It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
- Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits of your debit card.
- Go to your email account and click on verify
- Voila!! Your account is set up
- Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
- You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
HOW TO LINK A CARD TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
After successfully creating your PayPal account, the next step is to link it with your MasterCard or other supported cards. You can link more than one card to your PayPal account. I actually linked two cards to mine. To do this, follow the simple steps below…
- Simply login into your Internet banking account using your password and token
- Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” from the drop-down menu.
- Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
- Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
- Create a password in the popup window Link PayPal that appears
- Click on “agree and create account”.
- Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account.
You are done