10 Twitter Tips For Businesses To Help Your Business Grow Rapidly In 2017, 2019 and 2020
Like all other social media platforms, Twitter can be used to increase return on investment and generate leads. Most businesses are unsure of how to properly use Twitter, and either misuse it or ignore it altogether. When used properly, Twitter can be an excellent business tool to incorporate into a marketing campaign. Here are 10 Twitter tips for businesses.
1) Network with Experts. Seek out experts in your field, offer interesting links, respond to tweets, and post interesting quotes or information pertaining to your business. Networking with likeminded people will open up opportunities and will help you find some good resources.
2) Follow Potential Clients. By following potential clients and customers, you are letting them know you exist. Once they see you following them, they will likely check out your profile and follow you back. This act is considered “pull” marketing.
3) Offer Something of Value. Businesses who constantly promote themselves with advertising and have nothing to offer will quickly find themselves with only their friends and family as followers. Offer something of value to potential customers or clients such as free advice, special promotions, tips, contest information, or free prizes. If the followers do not have a reason to stay, they won’t!
4) Don’t Spam. Twitter’s following model means that you have to respect the interests and desires of other people or they will un-follow you. Do not send unsolicited @ messages or direct messages with a promotional link. Doing so will decrease your credibility and you will quickly lose followers.
5) Create Separate Accounts. For people who use Twitter for personal use, it is recommended you create a separate account for business activity. Create a business logo and use it for your picture, and create a background image to draw potential customers in. Your background image can have your contact information and website on it as well.
6) Increase Numbers. Try to add a set number of followers per day. Adding others will increase your network and the chances of others following you back. A large number of people following you adds credibility, which attracts more followers in return. Remember, you can always un-follow people who are obviously not potential clients, customers or prospects.
7) Search for Business Leads. Using Twitter search you can hunt for potential business leads by searching through tweets of people who need your product or service. Set up filters to find them and follow-up diligently and politely on every lead.
8) Re-tweet. Adding ‘RT @ username’ in front of the original tweet forwards it to your followers improves your value to your followers, and increases the audience and credibility of the original sender. If you re-tweet others are more likely to re-tweet you back.
9) Link all Social Profiles. Make sure every social media platform links to your social profiles. Your website should have links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc.
10) Twitter Analytics. There are many free tools available to analyze your twitter account. Find out what keywords are popular and add those in your Tweets. This will place you in front of a more specific target audience, and help to improve potential lead quality.
Following these tips will increase your followers, which in turn will increase your potential leads. If you are not searching for leads, social media will act as an inexpensive branding campaign by creating awareness among consumers. Major companies such as McDonald’s and HP use social media to find customers and claim million dollar returns.